1. Introduction - June 1940 to May 1943 - A brief summary of the war in North Africa.
2. The Soft Underbelly of the Crocodile - The Casablanca Conference and the plan to invade Central Europe via Italy.
3. Operation Husky - The broad outline of the invasion of Sicily.
4. Airborne Warfare - The new, yet untested method of warfare.
5. A Starring Role - The 1st Airborne Division's tasks for the invasion.
6. Operation Ladbroke - An outline of the objectives, and perils, of the 1st Airlanding Brigade's assault.
7. Inadequate Preparation - Training, and the desperate effort to assemble gliders and train their pilots for Operation Ladbroke.
8. Disaster in the Air - The flight of the 1st Airlanding Brigade to Sicily.
9. For Those in Peril on the Sea - The fate of the 1st Airlanding Brigade's personnel who landed in the Mediterranean.
10. Operation Waterloo - The coup-de-main raids on the railway bridge and the Ponte Grande road bridge, and the battle to defend the bridgehead.
11. Sicilian Skirmishes - A summary of the efforts of those whose gliders landed far from their appointed zones.
12. The Invasion - The landings of the 7th and 8th Armies, the operations of the 82nd Airborne Division, and the abandonment of Operation Glutton.
13. Operation Fustian - An outline of the objectives for the 1st Parachute Brigade at Primosole Bridge.
14. Disaster in the Air - The flight to the drop zones.
15. "Marston One" - The Brigade captures the bridge, and the first hours of its defence.
16. Pressure Mounts - The Brigade is hard-pressed, the 8th Army finally arrives.
17. Aftermath - A brief summary of the remainder of the campaign in Sicily.
18. Analysis - A summary of the Airborne adventure in Sicily and their consequences.